Navratri Celebrations are not just confined to the state of Gujarat this year. The entire India is going to celebrate Navratri, the nine day festival with great pomp and show. And this is trouble for us. Isn’t it? We need to look amazing and different all the nine days and that too in budget (in as less money as possible).
Don’t you worry! We’re here to help. Here’s our style cheat sheet for this Navratri. Some cool tips that would give you a perfect look, that too in budget.
- Go Waterproof: Choose the right makeup. If your dress is light (less embroidery and not so dark shade), go for a dark toned makeup; else stick to light makeup. And most importantly, go for waterproof makeup. I’m sure all women already use waterproof makeup but if the product you’re thinking to use on the Garba night is not waterproof, skip it. It is better if you don’t use it than having a face full of smudged makeup.
- Get in love with accessories: Even if you wear a plain lehenga or ghaagra with no embroidery, you can look extra gorgeous. That can happen with help of accessories. Get some cool accessories like kadas, maang tikas, juhmkas, kamar bands etc and you can certainly steal the show in the next garba night you attend.
- Get into Cotton: Try to stick to cotton when it comes to clothing. Wait! Is that a look good tip? Yes, it is. We want you to look good on Garba night and that is simply not possible if you’re sweating rivers and oceans. You need to control the sweat. Beat the heat and go for cotton.
- Work on your Hair: Did you read our last post we did about hairstyles that you must try with a saree? Well, that applies to this too. You just need to try new hair styles to look fresh each day during the Navratris. We have already given you many choices in our previous post. Try all of them. Give special attention to pony tails and side buns. They are easy to carry, would make you sweat less and look stunning.
- Experiment with dresses: Don’t just stick to normal ghaagra choli. Yes, we want you to break the rules. Try different kinds of Lehengas, lehenga saree or a long skirt. Sounds good. Right?
So, what are you waiting for?
Dress – Done
Makeup – Done
Hair – Done
Shoes – Anything except high heels or formals would go fine
Everything set. Let’s enjoy this Navratri and as we always say, look beautiful! Stay stylish!