Choosing a saree for girlfriend is tough. Do you know what she’ll like? Do you know what designs are trending? Do you know what style will suit her body type? Do you know what color will suit her complexion? Ouch!
You know nothing about sarees and look at you! You’re shopping for a saree for girlfriend. Can you imagine how mad she will be if she doesn’t like what you bought? And if your girlfriend turns out to be the one who really cares about spending money wisely, you’re doomed.
Before you drop the decision of gifting her a saree, have a look at this guide that will help you out. Read it carefully, line by line, if you truly want to make a good decision and impress her.
What fabrics to choose?
We would suggest you skip silk. It’s an awesome fabric but most of the girls own silks that are passed on to them by their mothers. You will hardly find a girl who goes herself to buy a silk saree.
Chiffon, georgette, cotton, crepe and net should be your top choices.
If your girlfriend likes easy to wear materials that are super comfortable, flowy and that will accentuate her figure, go for chiffon or georgette. If your girlfriend is a bit bulky, stick to these two only. More on how to pick a saree to make her look slim here.
If you want to go for something very fancy, pick either georgette or net. Such a saree would be apt to wear in parties and wedding functions.
If she is a working woman, you may want to give her cotton, cotton silk or crepe saree. It’s highly recommended if she is in a government job, is a doctor or works for a desk job and if she likes to wear sarees as formal attire.
Trending saree designs you can pick
We told you about the fabric. Now, it’s time to show you some designs which will act as clues on what can be bought and what cannot be. Read it carefully for we have fully explained what design will suit what type of person and occasion.
Pick a classic: Black saree
If you want to gifft a timeless beautiful saree to your love, a classic black saree would be perfect. Here’s why!
- A black net saree is considered an extremely sexy attire. No woman’s wardrobe is complete without one.
- A classic black saree is supposed to be plain with a border and stone or mukaish work. The look is extremely girlish and is a popular amongst college girls and young working women between 20-35 age.
- It’s great for office parties, cocktail parties and even wedding parties.
- A designer blouse helps to make the look even better.
- Don’t worry if your girlfriend is a bit dusky or wheatish. The attire will still look perfect.
2. Pick plain saree over embroidery
A young or middel aged woman will always admire a plain saree over embroidery. If you still want the flashiness of the emroidery, go for small motifs. But you would never need to for there are elements that can make a plain saree even better than an embroidered saree. Those are:
- A designer blouse with sequence or embroidery is more important than the saree design. Girls like to show off that more.
- A shimmery or satiny material of the saree has a unique sheen that surpasses the glitter of zari embroidery.
- The plain saree can be easily worn in the modern girlish style… think of any bollywood actress except Kajol and how she wears a saree and you will know the best style is a plain saree with a designer blouse.
3. A special printed saree is a great idea for comfort wear
If you’re going for a piece that she can flaunt ever week, then you already know the fabrics – cotton, chiffon and crepe. We suggest you pick up printed sarees which are very much in vogue.
Now, you’re going to get confused even more if we start discussing what all types of printed sarees you can buy and which is suitable when. So, here are some general tips to help you make a decision.
- If you’re looking for a quality low-budget gift, pick up printed sarees.
- If you know your girlfriend loves to experiment with her clothing, pick a design like this – peacock print, calligraphic print, and graphic print.
- If your girlfriend dresses up in a very conservative and low-experiment style, pick a floral print saree.
- The saree would be a great option for her to wear the dress casually to her shopping trips, dates with you and even to her office.
- While picking formal wear, keep in mind to pick self print saree.
There you go! Those are our top 3 suggestions on what saree for girlfriend will be loved by her. We hope this helped you make a decision.
If you’re looking for where to shop from, check out Brijraj Sarees. Here are some top reasons why you should choose us.
- We have a no questions asked return policy. So, if you’re too underconfident about your decision, don’t be. We will return it and let her choose whatever she wants to buy instead.
- We have a gift wrap option available on our site. So, you can let the surprise land on her door and get her super excited about it.
- We have a secure shopping system through which your card information never gets into the wrong hands.
- You get exactly what you see. Yes! these are actual designs which you see. We have a 100% original guarantee on our products and you don’t have to worry about getting a nasty surprise yourself once you have the product in hand. You will get exactly what you see in the picture.